Friday, March 11, 2011
Wow, what a gorgeous day! It gives a person spring fever! Makes you feel so good, you just want to quilt!!! We are so excited about all the classes and events we have coming up! Check out our list:
- Party with Patrick - New day - Friday! So this Friday, March 11th, at 5:00 PM, we'll have a cute birdhouse wallhanging project, in conjunction with our usual Friday night open sewing. Fun times! And anyone from out of town that can find a place to stay, can join us for Party with Patrick AND stay for the Guild craft day on Saturday.
- I know this isn't a quilting class, but we are hosting a beading class, taught by Viki Faber on Saturday, March 19th. She's an awesome local artist - you've probably seen her work around town, and at the Starvin' Artists' Holiday Gallery. She'll be teaching us beaded snowflakes that can be hung in a window or used for embellishment on a quilt or other project. She plans to follow with other classes and styles of beading.
- Beginner classes - since some of you missed out on the guild's beginner class, the Calico Cow will be hosting one with the same awesome teacher, Joyce Bendell. There will be a higher charge this time, but will still be well worth it. April 2nd will be the beginning quilting class, and then there will be a binding and border class on April 30th. Sign up soon, and in order to hold your spot, please pay for your class. If this is as popular as the last one, there may be a waiting list, so please let us know if you won't be able to make it, as soon as you can!
- Mary Stenros of Willowbend Designs is making a tour around the state, and is coming to Delta to do demos of her methods and show off her new patterns. It is well worth taking the effort to come and hear from the designer on her tips for making her quilts - and it's FREE! Monday night April 11th, we'll have some snacks available if you want to come after work or just come in early for the demo, then start the 2 hour demo at 6:00. Even if you don't think you can do this kind of applique', you don't want to miss it, she makes it easy!
- And finally, we have a sewing machine repairman coming to Delta! He'll be working on machines from April 29th through May 4th, but drop-off and pick-up can be a few days on either end.For those of us who just can't seem to get around to getting our machines to Fairbanks, this is an awesome opportunity. Mr Streeter works on most any brand of machine, but specializes in Berninas, Singer Featherweights and treadle machines. Call the shop for details, or come and sign up and put down a deposit to confirm.
That's a lot of things going on, and that doesn't include the guild events - craft day this Saturday, Spring Fling the 25th and 26th, and craft day again in April. There should be no bored quilters anywhere in the area!!!
So enjoy the sunny days,
the northern lights at night,
and join us for some quilting fun, too!
Welcome to the Calico Cow