Tuesday, April 20, 2010

FIREWEED

Hi, and happy spring everyone. It's a little cloudy today, but May is just around the corner!
Just wanted to give you a quick update. Mostly, I needed to remind you about tonight's Party with Patrick. I know it's horribly short notice, but if you get this in time, just come on in - 5:00 or whenever, don't worry about not signing up ahead of time. The project is a really cute butterfly candlemat, In a moment of creative inspiration, I made my butterflies 3-D, and they are extra cute if I do say so myself. (everyone else is telling me that, so I might as well agree!) Patrick's recipes this month are a grilled chicken with fruit salad, and a strawberry dessert.
I don't think we have any other classes planned for the shop, but the guild has lots of activities coming up. Quilting Buds on May 1st, and 2 craft days in May. May 8th is a quilt using your 2 1/2" strips - jelly rolls or bali pops, or cut your own. Then on May 22, we're making special dolls for sending overseas to children in need.
Here's a big FYI - we got "the Fireweed fabric" by Hoffman back in. Everyone loves it, so if you've been waiting to replenish your supply, come on in! We've still been getting more wonderful fabric in on a regular basis, so if you haven't been in for a while, you need to get here!
Longarm classes are always available. Jackie can teach them, usually on Monday late afternoons, or Saturday morning before the store opens. And remember that we are authorized reps, if you'd like to buy one. Handi Quilter is an awesome value for an awesome machine!
We'll keep you posted on classes as we get them scheduled. It seems there's something I'm forgetting, so I'll let you know if I remember. :)
Hope to see you soon. Remember, if you'd like to get ahold of us by email, please use our info@thecalicocow.com address. And as always, if you'd like to be removed from this mailing list, just let us know.

Welcome to the Calico Cow
907/895-9895
www.thecalicocow.com

No comments: